tiistaina, heinäkuuta 3

The goal(s) ahead

I challenged my best friend Ran for a triathlon next year. She hasn't approved yet but I think she will... it's the beginner thing of course since neither of us has the right equipment for it. But anyway, that's just a way to have fun and I bet she's so with me in this one.

Other than that my three free days that I first thought to spent writing stuff out were gone before I had a chance to really sit down and write anything. But in short: I fell off with my bike and now my legs are full of huge bruises, scratches and there's a circular soar in my palm that looks like a third degree burn. I also fed my friends with paella that was a leftover from our staff party... seriously, the bag weighed like 30 kilos and was full of paella. Now I got a freezer full of it and so does all my friends. (More about this party later because it was... interesting.) Me and Ran treated Bei at Spanish restaurant because she had birthday few weeks ago. Long chore with three meals and that was a fucking killer. Bei has also been sort of a problem again. Her attitude towards herself is still bugging me... when ever you try to do something nice like we did, it was extremely hard for her, she's saying sorry all the time - not in general level but because who she is. A year ago that was a fun joke but now when it comes up every other minute it's getting rather annoying and I don't know what to reply. Other thing is when she's ironically joking about her size... it's really disconcerting and I really don't know what I should say (Like "haha Bei, you're right! You're so huge like an elephant!"). I just worry that I somehow manage to insult her and that she's too nice to say it - which I know she is.

Enough of that trouble. It's just annoying because it affects me negatively and I haven't quite figured it out yet.

So now the staff party. Or rather the whole Thursday. First time ever the shift wasn't boring, I had one girl there who I really hadn't met before which is also weird because she's working the fourth year and I'm the second. Our paths have crossed so that I've known who she is but not really if she's fun, nice ans could I be a friend with her. It turned out we get along really well and I didn't need to watch clock once during that day.
   We were reading a horoscope from a trash magazine and for our joy it said that our paths will cross and we're gonna be friends. So weird. Usually I don't believe trashy horoscopes...

Later on the party got freakier. Cat and I had this sparkling wine surprise and while we were cooking our popcorn on the fire we went into those conversations again that I can't really wrap my head around. There was a parrot accident... the cage was closed and the key was with Cat the whole day. Somehow one parrot managed to escape and now the other misstress who's basically owning them (and quite hard to handle as a human) is blaming Cat for that. She thinks that Cat is lying about what happened. In my opinion Cat is the fucking last person I expect to be lying with stuff like this. She just doesn't do that and I really think this Jess should respect her little more than that. But no, Jess is perfect - that's why she's so hard to be around, she has all the answers and her family is perfect too which means she doesn't want anyone to come close.
My wind chime as I promised
   When we had our speech included the surprise where everyone said something about why they were thankful Jess' speech was long, too long, lacking emotions and I couldn't believe a word. It's just those moments when you feel so much that you can't really get anything out of your mouth and somehow she managed to high light five minutes with words I cannot remember. Also later she had to come into public to give a birthday present for Cat... with big words craving attention that made me think that it was some kinda of "see me, I'm not forgetting her either" but it seemed so fake and forced. It's really weird seeing these things now because last year I imagined that Jess and Cat were quite good friends, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. This relation is interesting... But to me this show the way we're getting with Cat. Like she said it; it's amazing how there's so much different aged people in the island and somehow we all just manage to click. We're idols for the kids in, to teenagers we show the way, options, share thoughts and are someone to talk to, for each other we're there and for the older middle aged parents we're the middle crew, they're interested in differences in our views and we love to hear their stories about what they've been through. In Cat's case these stories are amazing, I could listen to them over and over again and I keep thinking that what a wonderful life she has.

My company in the lonely morning (and no it's not
in natural habitat)
Now I'm analyzing again. ^^ The end was that me and Aya talked this and that till the morning and she went to bed around half six. I didn't sleep at all because I needed to be able to do my shift the next day. Kinda liked it how everyone wondered how on earth I can be so fresh looking like I had had the best dreams ever... well that's what I'm good at. Pulling through the extremes.

Today, ironically the boring shift again... and (fruit)fast.




10 days until Cat comes back.

5 days until scale day.


300++ something until the triathlon

1 kommentti:

Yy123 kirjoitti...

wow u seriously seem to be having such an INTERESTING time over there! its just so refreshing and different! And ohmygosh that was like my goal for this summer! I even bought a road bike and everything but then I got into that car accident and can't do it until next year:( but thats great cuz we might be doing it at the same time (next summer)! But srsly its so exciting and such a great way to challenge urself! ull be awesome! i still suck at biking haha. Good luck with the fruit fast:) much love<3