maanantaina, maaliskuuta 10

New Magic Shoes

 Tooth issues are driving me crazy (phantom pain again, oh and Bella the one they removed in Thailand doesn't have phantom pain anymore), I couldn't get down any more tomato soup or anything like that. I had get something else I could eat but the only problem is that my left side is not used to chewing all the food and it's kinda hard to get by. This soups and too few calories have let me to grave burgers and chips, two nights ago I had haloum cheese 200g with two naan breads. And OMG my tummy was hurting after because it's not used to have food like that after a week of soups. Yesterday I ate too little and today not much either... maybe just rocking the 1000 limit. I also start to feel changes in my thinking, or the waves of it. That's a sign that I need to eat better to feel good. Negative circle is bad for anyone and munching all this bread to compensate my calories is not the best option to fix the deficit. More protein, fruits and veggies to fix the swollen tummy. When putting that on plate it means porridge rather than soup, smoothies and yogurt rather than bread. I don't get it... smoothies are so good and I'm still trying to kill my spirit with the devil bread. Just crazy sabotage to deny something that you like and is actually good for you. I guess it's the basic assumption I have that I'm eating wrong, bad and not healthy even though my diet has changed quite a bit. More like this morning... oat meal with freeze dried strawberries and banana.


 And these pink dreams are the ones making me love running... or trying, I know it's my attitude that is the biggest problem. I can run, easily but it's just that I don't like it and I get bored. Sprinting is my thing so yesterday I did 6 fifty meter sprints and I simply had to go run 100 meters and it went easier than I thought. I haven't lost my speed like I had the crazy idea in my head that I had. Didn't take time but I bet it might be faster that the last time I tried. I need someone there with clock.
   Then the funny part. While I was walking home, some dude came behind me asking "what does the coach train?" (I had my old sports school jacket that says coach on the back) He walked me back home even though he lived in totally different way... sure, his intentions were noted. But he wasn't an annoying pushy, so we changed numbers. I have always complained that I have way too few men friends and he seemed to like to train in the way I do; warm-up and cool down are time for talking, but when you do the work, you focus. And I like to train when it's dark, so does he... or then he was just making up the similarities. I have no idea where he saw me because he came behind me. But bottom line is that he was ok and that doesn't mean anything yet until I get to know him.
   Suna was giving me laughs when she heard what had happened and said that someone gets lucky. It has to be those shoes and now she wants the same pair. I promised to go shopping with her next Saturday and I'm planning to be sneaky and make her to take the foot balance test to see if there's a need to correct her step. I assume there might be because she's hurting all the time from the classic line; knees, lower back and shoulders. There's something twisting or pulling somewhere and that might give an easy answer because she won't go to orthopedic or any other kind of physiotherapy. It's so easy when you can have the custom made bottom flaps (what ever they are called) which fixes the foot bottom position... I couldn't live without those.


My training scenery from the top of the hill... got to love stairs <3 td="">

 Then of course because it's Tat, I need to have an educational part to this post. Me and Sheng went to maritime museum here. And there's first city art from here. Huge daisy and the two meter mini light house behind it. I love this city because all the weird stuff you can find from here. But the thing below is really the one I want to talk about. In the beginning of 1900's after Finland got independent (1917) the government launched a law which forbid all the alcohol... well, that produced professional smuggling. It's seriously so that Finns are passionate about their drinks and we fall in between the Russians and Swedish. Streotypicaly Russians drink vodka... we have own vodka. And Swedish are more civilized so they tend to drink beer or wine... Finnish drink everything and nowadays it's forbidden to make alcohol any other than own use without special permissions but as you can imagine after this, it's just the paper work.
   In that picture that long pointed thing with canisters in it is called "torpedo" and it was loaded with strong alcohol. They used to take it with bigger ships from Germany, Sweden or elsewhere close to archipelago where smaller smuggler boats would receive it. They would load a torpedo with beverages and tie it up on their boat with rope and it would swim in the water out of sight. Sometimes there was patrols who would try to catch these smugglers, the only thing was that they were always one step ahead. That little white bag in front was full of sugar of salt which would be the back up in case of patrols shoving up. Smugglers would cut the rope from the torpedo and let it sink, say to the patrol that they were fishing, can't they see? While in the water that little bag went down with the torpedo and it would dissolve in the water slowly, in 24h or so there's smaller rope attached to a piece of cork wood and when all the sugar is gone, the cork will surface shoving where the beloved treasure lies so that it could be reached. Once reaching the land they would hide it in various places. My step dad's dad told us how they would hide canisters inside of hay bales. Pretty cool if you ask me... just got to love history!

4 kommenttia:

Sam Lupin kirjoitti...

phantom pain. i keep on thinking the song of Epic - the Phantom Agony. so lovely.
hold on - is that a picture of you? holy shit. you don't look like anything you weigh. you look hottttttttt. makes it's my kink for anyone Finnish (i dabble in Scandinavian metal - favourite band is a Finnish one).
proteinnnnnn forever.
how can people run i just don't understand this
i can't go up the stairs without getting deeply out of breath (not helping me not seem like a total nerd but i am a total nerd at heart)
ah. nice. this guy seems strange.
that's cool and i'm not even a history person. dude, dude, you know what i am though? a science person. when i read "alcohol" i was thinking about the organic compound with the OH group. i was trying to understand what kind of reaction i'd produce and then i realised that: you fucking idiot. ALCOHOL. as in ALCOHOL. not your Chemistry bullshit. x3

-Sam Lupin

Bella kirjoitti...

You've got phantom pain in another spot now?! Ow. You poor thing.
Your oatmeal looks amazing, and those shoes! Such a brilliant, vibrant color. Are there any other exercises you think you'd enjoy more than running, like swimming or biking?
I believe the position-fixing shoe thingies are called insoles. I should wear them but I don't, eep.
And I loved your little history lesson on booze smuggling, very clever.
Love you deary. Hope you're okay <3 *hugs*
xx

Yy123 kirjoitti...

aww im so sorry about your tooth pain! srsly its the worst :( I feel you with the bread too! Recently I've been too lazy/ busy to eat legit meals so I always buy these little zuchini breads from the cafe and eat those as meals instead. LIke I'd think its better that I'm eating less but like you said need more fruits and veggies! I really wish I had the same attitude as you about guys...the way you're so reserved and careful....I'm going to try harder from now on like you :) and i really like to workout at night too! I think mainly cuz its dark there's less ppl and you just feel like you have all this space for urself and don't have to feel selfconscious. Sometimes I hate running because of how tired I feel and the pain in my legs....but I think you start getting used to it the more you do it...just don't think about the pain....i always listen to music when I run so that helps me :) I really hope your teeth feel better! and thank you so much for your insightful comments....they really give me perspective on things and I feel less alone :) Thank you <3

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

That oatmeal looks so tasty; I'll have to start eating it again. I'm so glad to hear that you're running - I wish that I still could, but my feet can't take it after several foot surgeries. The phantom pain certainly is annoying, I hope it clears up soon! Keep up your good work on eating enough to keep yourself positive. Xoxo